Remote working tools is a software handle tasks from your home.
According to someone – To execute tasks successfully, there is no need to perform that task in a specific location. That person was right, but especially for this difficult period where we are all locked in our homes due to a disease called coronavirus and we have to protect ourselves and also take care of our market..
Corona virus has a very harmful effect on our lives as marketer, designer, developer etc.
Remote Working Tools to Tackle Coronavirus
Slack – A chat room designed to replace email and allow users to organize communication by channels for group discussion and private messages. It is usable for share information, files and other things.
Benefits of Slack :
- This is a quick and easy way to communicate with your team. This is better for a security purpose as users can get answers to their questions even faster.
- An entrepreneur can schedule their meeting on a regular basis by which everyone should post their status in a channel for that project.
- Entrepreneurs can easily upload the photo directly from the phone. It can replace white boarding.
- You can share the channel with vendors, partners and customers, eliminating the need to travel or exit your safe place.
Whereby – a flexible device with video meeting available in the browser – no download and no login for guests.
Benefits of Whereby :
- Entrepreneurs can arrange boardroom meetings from the comfort.
- From this tool entrepreneurs can easily share screens to quickly solve questions, workshop ideas and pitch to customers.
- You can record meetings and share them with a colleague who could not attend
Zoom – a popular and useful video communication tool. This is an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat and webinars with mobile devices, desktops, telephones and room systems.
Benefits of Zoom :
- Attendees can attend the meeting, via webcam or video conferencing camera, or via phone
- This allows mobile screen sharing, so you can stay in touch with your colleagues wherever you are.
- You can record the meeting later on your device or Zoom Cloud for review
Trello is a collaboration remote working tools that organizes your projects and tasks into Kanban boards. It replaces a whiteboard filled with a list of sticky notes, with each note as a task for you and your team.
Benefits of Trello :
- Trello tells you what is being worked on, who is working and where in process.
- All notifications updated in real time. There is no need to face clarification meetings.
- You can create cards for important items such as OKRS, projects, and team activities to provide an overview and link it to chat boards for related boards, documents, and anyone else who wants to learn more.
Jira is a project management tool that is used for issue tracking, bug tracking, and project management purposes. It is an issue-tracking platform that is used by development and technical support teams to do more work and faster.
Benefits of Jira :
- Transparency : This allows your team to track the progress of their daily tasks, make adjustments to anticipate, and eliminate the need to go and ask your colleague directly to see what other team members are doing.
- Easy Communication : When a project manager gives a ticket to a team member in Cumin, the person will be notified via email.
- This is true for development and technical support teams to do more work and do faster.
Now let’s focusing on the strategies to set-up these tools during coronavirus outbreak :
1. Start from the Top
CEOs need to be present in online tools and channels, able to communicate on time and where things are happening to bring things to video chat. Available, acceptable, personal, showing your personal side and not only your professional side, showing vulnerability and not just with strength, listening more and more.
One risk with remote work is that people tend to spend too much time online, working unnaturally long hours, without natural infections throughout the day. It is important for the CEO to set an example of being offline at a time when work is not being done.
2. Reinforce Company’s Mission
Start there Make sure you can tell in clear writing why the company exists and is trying to accomplish it. From there, develop goals and objectives, as deep and detailed as possible. When employees have a vision that they can rally as a group, alignment in the time zone becomes easier.
3. Be Open & Automatic
Culture starts at the top, and any successful team starts with confidence. When sensitive subjects arise, they run from the fire, not far from it. Deal with issues raised by employees, not hide from them. Learn to be polite, diplomatic and compassionate and the same ideals will manifest within your team.
4. Promote Digital Culture
In an office-based company, interpersonal relationships occur seamlessly in physical and space while decisions and business take place in the digital space. When you go all digital and all remote, you should get an online expression for your culture.
Behind the professional personality is the need for humans to pay attention to the jokes, high-celebrations, celebrations, gossip, community, family, personal interests, all of these things in the digital world and given a worthy place and channel that is comfortable and allowed Lets have random encounters.
5. Use of Right Tool
Use every digital tool available to you to facilitate communication. Connect to text messaging, Slack, email, wikis, hangouts, and video conferences. Use group chat as a backchannel during online meetings. Let people use what they are comfortable with to make the discussion easier. Copy and paste the content if necessary.
At the same time, I must recognize that there are other successful distributed organizations that do the exact opposite. They choose a minimal set of online tools and are highly determined as to which tool to use for which purpose. In my own experiences, being flexible has been the most rewarding.
Finally, I can say that these remote working tools are really meaningful for those who have chosen to work from home.
We all know that safety is our first priority and with the help of these software we can complete our work even at home.
So, users can choose any of the tools for them according to their given work.
Thanks All !!!